Monday, October 3, 2011

Maybree & Paci | Nashville TN Lifestyle Photographer

Technically, Maybree had one of my Sunday Mini Sessions in Memphis, but I think her mini session deserves a full post.

A few months ago, my friend Andrea and I were talking, and she mentioned how she needed to get her little one off the paci. I told her about a cute picture that I saw on Pinterest, of course, of a little girl sending her paci away on balloons. Andrea thought it was a great idea and several weeks later asked if we could do it for a mini session. Aside from the fact that I was worried sweet Maybree would hate me forever, I was excited to try it.

That leads us to the day of our mini session. It was raining all over Memphis, and we found one location near her home that was dry for the moment. Sweet Maybree was all smiles and ready to send her pacis to her baby cousin by balloon.

We tied the balloons to the chair for some quick shots before we sent them away.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then... we took the balloons off the chair. Saying goodbye became a reality, and the tears started pouring. Which led to one of my favorites from our session. (May's mommy was not intending to be in any pictures, but she had such a huge role in helping her say goodbye that I had to include some.)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Mommy ran to get some Ring Pop support.
Photobucket
One more mommy hug,
Photobucket
and the balloons (and paci) were off.
Photobucket
And with that, Maybree was free of the paci and moved into her big girl bed that night.

Too bad I can't send Lawson's thumb away on a balloon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was awesome! Great photos and storytelling! Thanks!!!!!

Willis Family said...

This is absolutely adorable! I had a friend who had to do this exact same thing with her almost three-year-old. What a great idea to document the experience. I hate seeing any kiddo cry but I have to say those pics are my faves! What special pics for the family :)

Post a Comment

 
© Shannon Payne Photography
CoffeeShop Designs