Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Something I am Loving Right Now - Hendersonville TN Photographer

My office! When we first moved, I was so excited to have an office. Between photos, orders, packaging, and paperwork, I felt like my photography business was taking over our old house. Now I have my own space, and it is soooo nice.

Photobucket

I thought I'd share a little story about the picture above my desk. It is from my 4 year old's newborn session. The story behind the picture is what brought me to the philosophy of my photography business.

When he was born, we received a free session to a local photographer. We had his pictures taken, and 2 weeks later I went back to view them. They sent me into a room, turned off the lights, played music, and handed me a box of tissues. I fell in love with all of the pictures. After the slideshow, they handed me a pricelist. The cheapest print was a 5x5 that cost $99. My jaw dropped and my heart started pounding, I knew there was no way that my husband would pay $99 for one picture the size of his hand.

I left the studio crying, not because of the beautiful pictures, but because I knew I would never have them. By then, my son was 4 weeks old, and it was too late to get more pictures taken.

Well, 10 months later, my fabulous husband surprised me on Mother's Day with this gallery wrap. He had the photographer put 4 pictures on it, so that I'd have 4 pictures instead of 1 big one. These are the only newborn pictures I have of my little guy, and I will cherish them forever. It took us another year to pick out the perfect frame, so it actually wasn't hung on the wall until he was 2!

When I started my business, I said that if or when I got good, no matter how good or busy I became, I would never charge so much for that to happen to a new mommy. I never want a momma to look at her pictures that I've taken of her child and cry because she can't afford the ones she wants. I do this because I love what I do, and I hope you enjoy it as well.
Photobucket

1 comments:

Heather said...

Very Sweet :)

Post a Comment

 
© Shannon Payne Photography
CoffeeShop Designs